Monday, December 10, 2012

Sweet Reminders

Since my mom has been watching Little B I have had to tote his pack n' play back and forth, which got very old very fast. One day i thought what the heck lets give this big boy bed another shot... He did awesome, and has been for a couple weeks, even during nap times. But tonight at 2am I wake up to him crawling in bed with me. Normally I wouldn't care but I have the day off and was so looking forward to sleeping in, plus his Christmas presents are in my room and I knew that would be an issue come morning!

Now here is a fact about me: I like my sleep and can be rather grumpy when woken up, I'm just not used to it since B has been such an amazing sleeper. So my first instinct was to throw him in bed and tell him if he got up again he would be in trouble (I know great parenting :/) But instead here is what I did...

I told him I loved him, I kissed him, and whispered in his cute little ear how thankful I am that he is my little boy. And here I am now... Awake in the middle of the night... Crying because that made all the difference. Reminding him that he is safe, and loved, and my whole world, made all the difference.

That little boy has my heart. He has given me everything, and taught me so much. I could give him the world and it wouldn't be enough to thank him for everything he has done. I can start with I love you. Not that i don't already kiss him a million times a day, hug him a million more, and tell him i love him constantly. But sometimes, when he is being a normal two year old boy, I forget. I forget to stop, breathe, and thank him for being my little boy and being the most wonderful part of my life! He is so amazing.

So right here, right now, I am vowing to slow down. I am vowing to not just tell him but show him how much I love him... Because I do. And I am so so thankful for our life together. And for these moments that remind me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from everyone! Friends, family or just visiting :)