Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blessing and Baby Shower

Braxten was blessed on July 31st 2010. 
And it was perfect.
Braxten looked so handsome :)

We had the blessing in our living room, surrounded by family and friends.

When my bishop got there, he asked my grandma to say an opening prayer. I feel like that is when the amazing part of the day began. As my grandma said the opening prayer, the spirit that filled the room was overwhelming to me. In her prayer she thanked Heavenly Father for Braxten, for his special presence and the love he has brought into our family.

As I handed my baby to his grandpa to be blessed I of course started crying. It hit me so hard that the men standing in that circle were blessing my baby, my son, this little boy that grew inside of me. Of course I have known this but for some reason right then that realization was so powerful.

I don't remember the exact words said during the blessing, he was told he was a special son of God, blessed with health and strength. Told of the love his family and Father in Heaven has for him.

As the blessing ended I hugged my baby and dad and cried.
It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
I still don't feel worthy to have such an amazing spirit bless my life but I KNOW that I have a loving Heavnly Father and Jesus Christ looking out for me and my son. I KNOW that through these trials and tribulations we can return to our Father someday. I love this gospel, even if I haven't always been living right. Without it I would be so messed up and lost (more so then I am :) I love my Savior, because even though Braxten doesn't have a dad, and I don't have a husband to help me right now, we have Jesus Christ. And he understands, he hears my cries and pleas. He understands the heartaches as well as the joys. For that I am FOREVER grateful!

I love you Braxten Robert.... thank you for being my son :) Thank you for all the blessings you bring to me!!

Blessing Pictures:

Braxten in his blessing outfit and on his afghan grandma crocheted for his blessing :)









The blessing was followed by a baby shower/celebration of sorts. Lots of food, family, friends and love.


Baby Shower Pictures:


  

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see you. And to hold that sweet baby is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from everyone! Friends, family or just visiting :)