Thursday, August 12, 2010

Six Weeks Old

My baby is six weeks old.

He is doing so fantastic and is doing something new all the time!
He loves to "talk" and smile and kick his little feet like crazy, it is the cutest thing ever.

Braxten is holding his head up so much better now and loves looking all over at everything. He likes tummy time to a certain extent, but it does frustrate him after a while.
He cannot get enough of being outside, we put his bouncer by the screen door and he just looked and looked and was totally happy just seeing everything out there.

I switched him to soy formula and I think he likes it a lot better. He doesn't seem to spit up as much (although he still does ha) and he doesn't get gassy  near as bad.
He is still sleeping really well at night. I put him down around 10, even if he is awake he will fall asleep his own most of the time, and he doesn't wake up until 3 or 4. And even then only stays awake for a half an hour. He does wake up for the day around 6 or 7, but I think that is pretty good for only being 6 weeks old. I need to start having him sleep in his own room, but am a bit sad and nervous just yet.

I am also sad because I moved him up to size 1 diapers and all his new born clothes are getting pretty tight. My little guy is not so little, everyday he looks bigger and bigger. I am glad he is growing good and getting big, but boy am I going to miss my little newborn snuggle bug.

He is also discovering his hands, he likes pulling peoples hair with them and he has started making a fist when he is hungry and putting it in his mouth.. soo cute! If someone isn't holding him he will pull his own hair and eat his hand, cracks me up!

He is such an amazing, fun little boy. I am so lucky to be his mommy. I don't necessarily want him to be a "mommas boy" and be really clingy. But in the last few weeks when he has been super fussy and no one else can calm him down but me, I really do love it... it makes me feel like he knows me and loves and trusts me.

Six Week Pictures:




Great Grandpa Will & Braxten

Great Grandma Veda & Braxten





 








6 comments:

  1. Hey Candace! Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving a note. It's fun to know that someone is reading.

    Baby Braxten is adorable!! I'll definitely be checking back and hope you will too!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's so sweet! I love that Mommy's Little Man pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new background and all of the pictures!! You and your little boy are so stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace! I love your blog, Braxten is addorable and I can see you are an amazing mom!!Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet, he is so adorable congratulations!
    love the name too :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from everyone! Friends, family or just visiting :)