On July 22nd was the 2nd annual Live, Laugh, Breathe Event, held for sweet baby Kenzie. I know I have mentioned this wonderful family on my other blog, but just in case you are interested in reading the whole story in Kendras words (which I HIGHLY recommend) their blog can be found here & here.
Last year I wasn't able to go because Braxten was only a couple weeks old. I am so so glad we got to go this year though. I had been planning on it since Kendra announced the date, marked it up on my calander and planned a fun day with B. We were going to take a road trip and go swimming, visit some stores we don't have in our little valley and end the day at this wonderful event. To make a long story short the day did not go smoothly...at all.
I was in tears as I was driving to the park thinking about everything that had gone wrong. I just kept thinking, its not even worth it I'm just going to go home now. But I didn't, I kept and driving. And then I saw the balloons.
Those beautiful, pink and purple balloons that represented a sweet angel baby, a little girl who has affected so many lives. A little girl that belongs to parents who would give anything to have her with them right now. Then, instead of crying out of frustration or anger I found myself thanking my Heavenly Father. For reminding me how blessed I am to have my little boy to hold in my arms, one who can yell and scream, throw tantrums, break my phone :) Yes, I am grateful for it. I am grateful for Kendra, Ryan, Kenzie and their family. For helping me remember not just this one time but so so many times before what really matters. How precious life is, how fleeting moments are, that life needs to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest.
I only stayed for a couple hours, but it was one of the most amazing events I have ever attended. The love and strength you could feel there was unbelievable. Really, you all should go next year. You won't regret it.
MRW Live, Laugh, Breathe Event:
 |
| Beautiful poster telling her story |
 |
| Our new friend RJ, his mom took these wonderful pictures |
 |
| Cute, wonderful little boys |
 |
| I <3 him |
 |
| Silent auction- there were so many beautiful things there! |
 |
| Bounce house! |
 |
Beautiful Kendra and an SMARD friend
Thanks again Sequoia Moore for letting me use your beautiful pictures :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from everyone! Friends, family or just visiting :)