My baby, who looks and acts much more like a toddler now-a-days, is turning 1 in a week! I keep asking myself how that happened, with no answer. It has flown by so quickly, my head is still spinning. I have often wondered why it is everyone always makes the comments "it has just flown by" or "you blink and they are grown up!"
Now I understand. I realize he is only turning one, but seeing how quickly that single year passed makes me wonder how quickly the next ten or twenty will go.
Braxten is the most wonderful baby, I know he will be the most amazing boy, and someday a remarkable man (no thanks to me ;) it just comes natural to him!) One thing I have to laugh at is how silly moms are. We always think our kids are the 'cutest', 'smartest', 'most amazing'! We think every coo or gaga noise they make is remarkable, every smile they flash melts every part of your heart. I think the second you become a mother something in your brain just makes you that way... love makes you this crazy person!
Love....I never knew what it meant before I had him. I mean yes, I love other people and other things. But this love between a mom and her child, is something so powerful, no words can describe it. It is the force behind doing things you never thought you could do.
Being a mom to this little man has been a roller coaster ride, to say the least! The snuggles, kisses, hugs, 'love yous', laughs, smiles... its what makes life worth living. Of course those are mixed in with the 'WTH' moments (yes I just said that ;) lets be honest EVERYONE has those! Like when your kid poos in the bathtub, or you forget to buckle them into their carseat and drive all the way across town, or when all their dinner ends up everywhere but their mouth (including ON you!) The truth is.. all the good and the bad are what make up life. And I am so glad I am lucky enough to have my life with Braxten. It is by no means perfect! But, I wouldn't trade it for the world :)
Happy 1st birthday baby! At the end of the day I hope you always know how much I love you, how much you mean to me. Thank you for letting me be your mommy, for changing me into a better person. Thank you for spending this year with me...
With all the love in my heart!
I cannot wait for my little mans birthday! We have such a fun week planned.. including the zoo, Lagoon, a monster birthday bash, fireworks! I will have lots of fun pictures to post. I also had a smash cake session you can see some dang cute and hilarious pictures HERE!
First Birthday Pictures:
~Pictures taken by Stacia Thompson of Stacia Thompson Photography~


Oh how cute Candace! I absolutely loved reading that and you wrote it so perfectly. I bet you have grown so much this year being an amazing mom to Braxten. Its cool because celebrating one year of his life is also celebrating a year of your motherhood, which is awesome! I love you and you better post about this amazing birthday week...he's a lucky boy!!
ReplyDelete