I had an appointment with Dr Blackett this morning.
Right before I went I started getting SO dizzy and SO sick.
I threw up as soon as I got to her office.
Blame the nerves, blame the hormones this is not the first time I have not felt sick all day and then as soon as I walk into a doctors office... bam! I get sick :S
I was very nervous before going, dreading it a bit actually.
I have been feeling very hopeless and I didn't want to get my hopes up this time just to be disappointed again.
But after so much frustration with my other doctor I knew I needed a change.
SO... we got there, and first I will say the Womans Center is SO nice! A very nice atmosphere.
After a million questions and loads of paperwork (thanks mom for taking care of that!) she came into see me.
She was very nice, asked me about my baby, what his name is, about a pediatrician.
I loved that because it made me feel like she cared about HIM, which is the most important thing to me.
She was very patient and listened to all my complaints and let me explain what has been happening.
After checking me she said...
I am basically dilated to a 3,
basically effaced
and he is low.
When she measured me she said I am measuring smaller then I should, so tomorrow at noon we have an ultrasound appointment.
If he is any smaller then he should be, she will start me, because if he isn't growing on the inside he will do better out.
If he seems to be doing fine we will keep plugging along.
She said DO NOT take those pills that stop contractions.
Try not to take loratabs.
She told me right now my body is in survival mode.
I need to relax, take lots of naps and warm baths.
She said my body is taking a while to do this but that it is doing it and I will get there.
If he still isn't here next week she will strip my membranes and she said with everything else my body is doing that would probably cause it to go into active labor.
Even though we don't have a set in stone plan, it was just so nice to have her be so ENCOURAGING and KIND.
Here are my thoughts:
Yes, I am exhausted and frustrated. BUT it is okay because I love Braxten more then life itself and I would do ANYTHING for him.
I have been so worried about him, so worried he will be in distress etc.
With this doctor I feel like she will take care of my baby and not put him in danger.
That is such a nice feeling to have after the past week of being so scared for him.
I am excited for my ultrasound tomorrow. I cannot wait to SEE him and make sure he is okay.
A funny story...
The nurse was asking us questions etc. my mom was answering a lot of them because I was feeling so sick. At the end she says to my mom "So... are you her roommate?" hahaha Seriously! She thought we were a couple or something! Of course we told her she was my mom and she was embarrassed. But I know it made my mom feel good ;)
Thanks again mom for being with me and helping me get through this.
Thanks little brother for driving me around.
I sure love my family!
Can't wait to add baby Brax to the mix... love you little guy. Hang in there we will make it :)
I am SO glad I got an ultrasound done today.
*I haven't heard from the doctor yet so I don't know if he is too small or what she will say*
But I am still so glad I got to see my baby and make sure he is doing okay!
From the last ultrasound to this ultrasound he has grown so much... which is a no brainer of course but its crazy actually seeing it.
His head is so low it was hard to get a good picture of his face or a good measurement of his head.
The top picture was at 20 weeks... and the bottom picture is of the side of his head now...
The picture is kind of blurry but you get the difference in size :) Made me a little nervous to think I have to get that out of my body somehow haha
But really it was so fun seeing him moving around. The ultrasound lady pointed out to us his little tongue and we could see him drinking and saw his cute little hands moving all over.
He is defiantly still a boy :D
And we could see that he has hair on the back of his head! So stinking cute
He was measuring at about 36 weeks.
And she said he weighs about 6 1/2 pounds (I don't know how accurate they can really be but oh well.)
Still I just love my boy so much!! Cannot wait to see him soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from everyone! Friends, family or just visiting :)