Braxten was put on a bipap to open up his lungs and he did SO good on it. But he was still breathing pretty fast so they did a blood gas, a chest x ray and some other labs.
Basically it comes down to... his white blood cell count is high so he has an infection. They don't know exactly what infection but he is on antibiotics and we are aiming for taking him home Sunday or Monday (cross your fingers.)
I was a wreck all night.
Thankfully my mom could sit with him in the NICU. My legs were still numb from the epidural so I couldn't go down there. At one point around 3 in the morning I thought they weren't numb so the nurse was going to take me down there. I was totally excited. Got up to the bathroom.... and I am told I passed out like three different times, it took four people to carry me back to bed, and then I finally started to come out of it.
When I did wake up all I remember thinking is "Where is my baby?" "Is my baby okay?'
My mom checked on him and took more pictures, I called down there several times and that is the only thing that kept me going!
This morning at 7 I was FINALLY able to go down there and see Brax.
Seriously he is the happiest baby! He doesn't cry even with all the poking and prodding and weird wires all over him. He is wide awake and just looks all over and stares at you with his gorgeous eyes. If he does start to get fussy you give him a binky and he is totally happy.
This morning he was only on 1 L of O2 and hopefully he can come off this afternoon so he can start eating!
Right now he is hooked up to a vitals machine, a feeding tube, and has an IV.
He doesn't mind his IV or feeding tube, he just chews on both of them haha
I am so glad he is happy otherwise I would feel even crappier for leaving my poor baby down there :(
Even though he is doing very good please say an extra prayer for him! Thank you
Pictures of my NICU Baby:
He is SO beautiful! Congrats! I'm sorry that he's in the NICU. :( I would find that so scary but I'll pray for him that he'll make a quick recovery! :)
ReplyDelete