Braxten's labs came back today and he is still a sick little boy, his white blood cell count is high and the other lab testing for inflammation or infection was a bit abnormal. So I cannot take him home until at least Monday if his labs are normal tomorrow and Monday morning... praying very hard!
There is a lot of good news too though.
I am being able to feed him every 3 hours and he is doing so good! He is a sick baby so he gets very worn out very easy, it takes a lot of energy for him to eat the little bit that he does. But both of us are starting to get the hang of it and I love spending that time with him. At his last feeding he ate a little more then 1 teaspoon!
The nurses in the NICU have been AMAZING, so nice, helping me with anything I need. And I know they are taking excellent care of my baby. Since I can't take care of him 24/7 I am glad there are people around that are so kind and caring enough to help him. I am being able to do more, for him and I love it! I love changing his diapers, I love swaddling him and setting him up in his bassinet, I love feeding him and cuddling him. I love everything about my baby boy. He got to be dressed for the first time today, and boy is he a handsome little guy!
When I was pregnant I always wrote about how much I loved my baby and how excited I was to be his mommy. I laugh now because I could not have been prepared for how much I love him and how much being his mommy means to me. As I was sitting alone with Brax in his room, just rocking and cuddling with him, I just started crying because as I looked at him I was so overwhelmed with how very much he means to me. I cannot believe Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a perfect, amazing little guy! Seriously the only word I can think of to describe how I feel is so HONORED!!!
Thank you everyone who has text, called, visited, facebooked or commented on my blog! I know Braxten and I are so very very loved, and I am grateful for each and every persons support and prayers. Especially my dear family. They love Braxten so so much and have been my rock to make it through this! I know if Braxten could talk he would say he loves his papa and grandma and aunt and uncle very much!
Two Days Old Pictures:
We had to put on socks on his hands so he wouldn't scratch himself, his arms are so long and gangly it looks like a leg!
His sweet nurse put signs all over his room with his name on them
PS: I got discharged from the hospital today but check this out. For parents of NICU babies instead of leaving the hospital and having to drive back every couple hours the hospital does what they call a hotel stay. For $15 dollars a day you can stay in room and be close to your baby. I am beyond grateful for this! I cannot imagine going home and being that far away from him... the one elevator ride down to him seems like too much sometimes!
So glad he's here and doing well, I hope you get to bring him home soon!
ReplyDelete